We're pleased as punch to announce that we were chosen to collaborate on a special project to promote the latest release by The Decemberists. 50 local artists and businesses (and we were one of them!) were asked to create a quilt square on canvas, that embodied the title of the album: "What a Beautiful World, What a Terrible World." The album cover is pictured above. The 50 squares have been sewn together into a quilt and will be revealed by Mayor Charlie Hales at City Hall at 2pm, Tuesday, January 20th which has been officially dubbed "Decemberists Day". This event is free and open to the public and will include an appearance by the band. Click HERE for more on the free event and HERE, on the musings of how some fans will celebrate Decemberists Day.
1. An image was selected and applied using TAP paper by Lesley Riley
2. Details were painted using Martha Stewart all-surface paint
3. The jumble of words was applied with TAP paper
4. Little details were stitched in (including some glow-in-the-dark embroidery floss!)
5. The border was created with Ashley G stamps and Yellow Owl Workshop pads
Everything above was pulled from the shelves of our shops and the girls had a blast putting it all together. We hope to see you on Decemberists Day!